Categorised in Quick Food
This tasty pâté with a Mediterranean twist makes a great starter or snack.
It’s a good one to prepare in advance of a barbeque, and serve up as an aperitif to tickle the taste buds whilst chef is busy cooking the mains.
The good news is that is low in calories and high in protein and vitamins .
The even better news is that it only takes 5 minutes to prepare, then 30 minutes fridge time.
Goes really well with a crisp, light, dry white wine.
Total time and servings
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: No cooking required – just chill for 30 minutes before serving
Total time: 35
20 oz canned tuna, drained
1 tablespoon capers
1 tablespoon of chopped tarragon
12 fresh basil leaves
2 oz canned anchovies, drained
5 oz black pitted olives
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
½ lemon, juice of
3 table spoons of olive oil
- Place all ingredients in a food blender and blend until smooth.
- Divide the pâté mixture between four ramekins. Place in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Slice cucumber and carrots into batons to serve as crudités.
- Remove ramekins from the fridge and garnish with basil.
- Serve up with the cucumber and carrot crudités. Celery crudités and melba toast also go well with this recipe.