Categorised in Quick Food
Total time and servings
- Prepation Time: 15 mins
- Cooking Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Serves: 4
- 400g sausage meat
- 1 tsp of chives
- 2 tsp’s whole grain mustard
- 1 roll of puff pastry sheets
- 1 egg
- all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 200c / 180c fan or gas mark 6.
- Thinly chop the chives, in a bowl add the sausage meat, chives, mustard and a pinch of salt using your hands to mix the ingredients together.
- Dust the surface with flour, roll out the pastry to the thickness of a pound coin, Slice down the centre of the rolled pastry so you have two long rectangles.
- Take the sausage meat and roll into the shape of a sausage, in the centre of the pastry rectangles, place the sausage meat filling leaving from top to bottom length ways leave some space at the top and end of the pastry.
- Crack and egg in a bowl and whisk with a folk, take the egg wash and brush around the edges of the pastry, roll one side of the pastry over the sausage meat until it meets the other side of the pastry, ensure the meat is covered and inside the pastry.
- Using your fingers press the ends of the pastry together, cut 3 to 4 sausages rolls out of the one long roll, score some lines in each sausage roll across the top, trim any excess pastry edges. Take the egg wash and wash over the top of each roll. Put in the oven and bake for 20 – 30 minutes.