Categorised in Quick Food
This internationally known recipe known as Ugo’s Carbonara makes for a great recipe for a quick meal.
Total time and servings
- Prepation Time: 10 mins
- Cooking Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Serves: 2
- knob of butter
- 4 mushroom
- 140g bacon rashers
- 360g spaghetti
- 1 red onion
- black pepper
- 3 eggs
- grated parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan boil 4 litres of water adding in the spaghetti pasta whole following the directions for cooking time on the pasta packet (do not overcook the pasta).
- Drain the cooked pasta and place to one side, keeping the boiled water, chop the red onion and slice the mushrooms ready.
- Fry the butter in the saucepan, adding in the bacon, red onion and mushrooms continue to fry while adding the peppercorn to taste.
- Take 3 spoonful’s of pasta water to the frying pan and continue to fry
- Take the eggs and separate the yolk, keeping the egg white in a bowl saving the yolk in another bowl, whisk the egg whites until thickened. Add salt, pepper and small amount of water to the egg yolks whisking with a fork.
- Drain the pasta and join the pasta together with the sauce in the frying pan on a low heat, mix around before adding in the egg yolk mixing again. Pour all the egg white into the pasta sauce, mixing together to create the light creamy pasta sauce.
- Top with grated parmesan cheese and sage to finish.