Categorised in Quick Food
This colourful Mediterranean tray bake is full of flavour and only takes 15 minutes preparation.
Total time and servings
- Prepation Time: 15 mins
- Cooking Time: 50 mins
- Total Time: 65 mins
- Serves: 4
- 1 whole chicken
- 4 mixed peppers
- 4 tsp’s rose harissa
- 3 red onion
- 1 large tomato
- red wine vinegar
- black pepper
- 3 avocado
- 1 green chilli
- 1 lime
- fresh coriander
- Preheat the oven to 180c / 160c fan or gas mark 4.
- Prepare the chicken, using the knife cut the back of the chicken so you can lay the chicken down flat, make cuts into the chick thighs to help the chick cook evenly.
- Remove all the seeds from the peppers and rip into chunks, peel 2 red onions and cut into quarters before breaking apart into petals.
- Place the chicken, peppers and onion into the roasting pan, cover the pan with a small amount of red wine vinegar, spoon the rose harissa into the dish.
- Using your hands to ensure the chicken, peppers and onions are covered in the vinegar and harissa, add salt and pepper to season.
- Place in the oven to roast for 50 minutes.
- To create the guacamole, chop the tomato and 1 red onion. Cut the avocado’s in half, remove the seed and peel the whole avocado. Break the avocado up into the bowl.
- Finely chop the chilli and cut the lime in half, juice both halves of the lime into the bowl with the avocado, add in the chopped tomato, onion and chilli and mix together. Finely chop a small amount of coriander to add into the bowl and mix together.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, plate the dish and enjoy alone or with the guacamole.