19th June 2020
Categorised in Quick Food
This comforting, creamy chicken pie uses ready-made pastry for a quick and easy mid-week meal.
Total time and servings
- Prepation Time: 30 mins
- Cooking Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 60 mins
- Serves: 4
- 3 chicken breast
- 2 leeks
- 1 celery
- 150g chestnut mushrooms
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 50g butter
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 500g shortcrust pastry sheet
- small handful fresh rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Chop the chicken breast and place in the frying pan with a bit of oil and cook up the chicken (ensure chicken is cooked through).
- Dice up the leeks and small amount of celery, slice the mushrooms. Put aside for the time being.
- In the saucepan add 2 tablespoons of oil and butter, leave to simmer and the butter to melt, add a sprinkle of flour into the saucepan and leave to caramelize. Add in the leeks and celery to the saucepan continue to cook.
- Once the chicken is cooked add to the saucepan with the leeks, celery and sauce mix together and add in the chestnut mushrooms.
- Chop a small amount of rosemary to add to the saucepan, take some more flour to the mixture to bind the ingredients together. Using a dash of milk mix the pie ingredients to fully combine and thicken the sauce.
- Lightly grease the pie dish take the ready rolled pastry to place inside the pie dish, spoon out the chicken, leek and mushroom filling inside the pie. Using the remainder of the pastry roll out a lid for the top of the pastry covering the whole of the filling. Place in the oven and cook for 30 to 60 minutes until the pastry is golden brown.