19th June 2020
Categorised in Quick Food
Total time and servings
- Serves: 8
- 3 filo pastry sheets
- 50g melted butter
- 3 cooking apples
- 1 lemon
- 411g mincemeat
- 30g caster sugar
- icing sugar
- Pre heat the oven to 180c / 160c fan or gas mark 4
- Peel, core and chop the cooking apples into small pieces, place the apple pieces in a bowl. Zest and juice the lemon in with the apple. Stir in together (Ensure no lemon seeds are in the mixture)
- Put the apple mixture in a saucepan with 1 tbsp of water and caster sugar, gently heat for 5 – 10 minutes to soften the apples.
- Lay the filo pastry out, taking a layer and brush the melted butter on the first layer, take another filo pastry layer and place that on top brushing the butter again then place one more filo pastry layer on top and butter.
- Spread the mincemeat and cooked apples in the centre of the pastry, take the short sides of the pastry and fold in towards the mincemeat and apple mix, then take the long sides of the pastry and fold inwards, rolling over like a parcel into a sausage roll shape.
- Brush over a light layer of melted butter on top of the strudel, place onto the baking trap and pop into the oven for 10 – 20 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden.
- Dust with icing sugar to finish.