|1kg of white potatoes|
|400ml milk & 2 tbsp for mash|
|25g of plain flour|
|1 white onion, chopped|
|25g butter 7 1tbsp for mash|
|2 salmon fillets, chopped|
|1 haddock fillet, chopped|
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Peel and chop potatoes and boil until softened.
- Drain the potatoes, mash and add 2 tbsp milk & 1 tbsp butter. Add salt & pepper to season.
- Add the flour, butter & onion to a pan and heat until the butter has melted, stirring continuously to avoid lumps.
- Gradually add the milk, bringing to the boil and stirring continuously until thickened.
- Remove the white sauce from the heat and add the mixed fish
- Layer fish mix in a dish and top with the mashed potato
- Sprinkle the cheese on top
- Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and bubbling
- Serve with peas & sweetcorn