150g salted butter
80g light brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
225g plain flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/4 tsp salt
200g plain chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius. Line baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Combine the softened butter and sugars and whisk until creamy.
- Add the vanilla essence & egg.
- Add the flour, bicarbonate of soda & salt into the bowl and mix together.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Using a teaspoon, add scoops of the cookie dough to the baking trays, ensuring you leave enough space between them to allow them to spread.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until they are light brown around the edges & still slightly soft in the centre.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.