Grants & Funding


Grants and Funding

Family Fund

Family Fund help families across the UK who are raising a disabled or seriously ill child or young person aged 17 or under.  There is eligibility criteria explained fully on their website.  They can help provide grants for family breaks through Inspire who work with over 300 agencies and tour operators whether you choose to travel in the UK or overseas.  They can also provide grants towards breaks to Haven in the U.K.

For families who are looking to apply for other leisure activities beside a longer family break, they will consider helping on days out to theme parks, attraction days or day trips.  They also provide grants for a wide range of items, such as washing machines, sensory toys, family breaks, bedding, tablets, furniture, outdoor play equipment, clothing and computers.

Tel:   01904 550055


Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG)

You could get a grant from your council if you’re disabled and need to make changes to your home recommended by an Occupational Therapist.  A Disabled Facilities Grant won’t affect any benefits you get but is dependent on income. Disabled children under 18 can get a grant without their parents’ income being taken into account.   Contact your local council for more information.

Please also access the link for more information

Tel:   01904 550055


Happy Days Children Charity

They provide vital respite breaks for individuals, families and groups who support children with additional needs ranging in age from 3-17 in the UK.  The young people they help range in age from 3 to 17. They offer help to those with learning difficulties, physical or mental disabilities and with acute, chronic or life limiting illnesses.  They also help young people who have been abused or neglected, witnessed domestic violence, been bereaved or act as carers for a parent or a sibling.


They provide funding for:

  • Holidays for young people and their families. 
  • Residential trips for groups of children and young people, including community groups such as women’s refuges and SEN schools.
  • Days out for groups to hundreds of venues throughout the UK, including the seaside, theatre, zoos and farm parks. 
  • Experiences such as sport activity days, art and music workshops.
  • They also arrange activities such as visiting theatres and workshops to visit groups where mobility is a difficulty.



Turn2us is a free service that helps people in financial need to access welfare benefits, charitable grants and other financial help – online, by phone and face to face. The website features a free and easy to use grants search and benefits calculator.

Please call 0808 802 2000  9 am – 8 pm, Monday – Friday


Carers Trust

Carers Trust currently has a grant fund open for individual adult carers, aged 16+.  Carers can apply for grants of up to £300 for items or activities that will benefit them in their caring role, for example for

  • Breaks for carers, with or without the person they care for.
  • Items for the home including cookers, fridges, beds and washing machines.
  • Driving lessons and other travel costs relating to caring roles.
  • Courses and materials to develop carers’ skills and personal development.
  • Home repairs.
  • Short-term or time limited replacement care.

To apply contact your local carers services so they can advise you. They will need to complete a supporting statement for you on the application form.

For further information visit


Disability Grants

This website has details of a variety of charities and trusts which give out grants to disabled people and their families and carers.

Please visit for more information


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here